Thursday, June 9, 2011

Teenage Truths

I know that the world is different that it was 10 years ago.  I knew that kids were having sex at a alarmingly younger age.  What I didn’t realize was just how mean some of them are.  Had the 13yr old female come in because she might have been gang raped.  13!  What the hell.  So I have to go in to the exam room because the male doctor needs a chaperone to keep everyone honest.  I knew it was a possible rape but I did not expect to see this child close to my daughters age.  She was dressed in her hospital gown with this look of fear.  When the doctor asked what happen this is what she told us.  She went to spend the night at her friends house and apparently she didn’t know that there wasn’t going to be any parents there.  Let alone a party. The mother who looked mortified just repeated…she was spending the night at a friends house a sleep over…she looked like she was going to burst into tears.  The child, babe yes child because she is far from an adult states I was drinking just like everyone else and woke up with my pants around my ankles.  She states she hadn’t had sex before and wasn’t sure if she was raped.  She didn’t think she was.  Under her gown was in black permanent marker from her chest down to her privates smiley’s, dike, slut and many other foul language and pictures.  Who could be so cruel to do this to a child but other children.  What is wrong with kids today.  I was almost in tears with the mother.  I just don’t get it.  The mother was mortified and in shock.  She knew the parents and just assumed that this was a “normal” sleep over.  I was so upset that I probably spent a hour lecturing my children about underage drinking and being safe.  Please remember to talk to your kids start early before they get to that teenage age.  You know the age where they do listen to you.  I hope those kids get into trouble and I hope nothing happened.  But its in the court system now.

No comments: