Thursday, March 29, 2012

Should I stay or should I go?

943356_700b
I haven’t been blogging because sometimes life goes by so fast it’s really hard to get enough time to actually blog anymore.  Especially work where there is mandatory overtime and shortage of nurses.  Which makes me wonder should I stay or should I go.  The questions that I have been dealing with the last few months.  Due to the over working I have injured my neck making it hard to heal.  That’s a blog in itself.  Anyway,  working nights and all this over time makes me feel exhausted all the time.  I feel that I work, sleep, eat and run errands.  To tired to really enjoy life or even have time to blog and since I usually blog every day or at least twice a week.  I have always used my blogs as an outlet to vent and clear my mind.  Making my mind clouded and scatterbrained isn’t helping much.  I have seriously been keeping my eyes open for a new job.  Even though the boss keeps telling everyone please hang on it will get better.  Now I love where I work and most of the people I work with.  Should I hang on?  I have been hanging it seems like 5 months now.  Still no site of relief or cut back in my hours.  What happens if I get a new job and then really hate it.  But I want to make a little more dough and a little less hours.  My kids are going to be grown and out of the house.  I don’t want to live at work and miss them growing up.  I have really thought about going PRN so I can still work there and a few other places giving me a variety of options.  However I would have to leave my crew and that really sucks.  I enjoy working with them.  Ugh  I hate making new decisions.   So what do you think should I stay or should I go?

5 comments:

Leanna said...

If it was me I would stay. But you have to go with your instincts and make this decision from your heart.

I would hate to see you stop blogging, but sometimes having a job and a life make it hard to keep one going. Let everyone know you are taking a little hiatus from blogging and say why. We all understand my dear.

Unknown said...

God, I'm in the same boat! I'm tired of working 5 days a week and taking call all the time, but I love most of the people I work with- except unfortunately my boss. I am missing the days of 3 12 hour shifts and no call! But I can tell you, if you like your job, the grass is not greener on the other side! The last 2 job switches I made have been awful! Less & less pay and more & more work.

Barfly said...

Blogging while drunk sleepy is fun...at least it's fun to read. Why don't you snap some phone pics from your daily life and post them? Not many words needed. Just funny pics like catheters... Kidding. I like the look of your blog. Keep it going.

EDNurseasauras said...

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate with work with no relief in sight. If you don't need the benefits, there is a lot to be said for working per diem. I did it for years, and because I was such a stellar example of clinical nursing excellence and leadership (ha!) I was in demand at three different ER's. When times are tough, managers will take you whenever you are available; princess shifts, 3 or four hours, "lunch coverage", just triage, never-on-a-Sunday, etc. Of course, there is the possibility of lean times, which is why I always had at least 2 per diem jobs.

Blogging is a great outlet but shouldn't be another source of stress; I enjoy reading yours, hope things get better soon

Unknown said...

Thanks guys. Leeanna my heart says to stick it out just a little longer. My gut says go PRN and fill in all the gaps that are needed. I would have plenty of hours. Unless they finally fill them all.

Tonya EXACTLY! I miss the 3 -12hour days one week and the 3-12hour and a 8hour the next week.

Barfly...lol I haven't even had time to take pictures..how sad is that

EDNurse so you did PRN? Between 3 ERS? That is what I am thinking about doing. Then I still might get my hours in and make 10 more dollars on the hour doing it.