Saturday, August 7, 2010

New Grad news


Work has been aggravating and educational.  I was doing so well sticking people (IV’s) and the last 3 days I suck…just could not get a line in anyone.  I would try twice and have to get someone else to get the stupid IV in..grr.  I felt pretty stupid and bad for having to bother someone else to do my job.  So I mentioned that to one of my coworkers.  I don’t know if I just messing up the technique or just getting bum veins.  So the next thing I know every time someone needed to be stuck I got volunteered.  Which was great because then I was doing better.  YEA!  Next cool thing I got out of work late.  Why is that great?  I got to do my first NG tube.  For those not familiar with what that is its a tube that goes down your nose.  I did great.  The nurse that was training me on it said I did a fantastic job.  I was so proud of myself.  I love my job everyone really likes helping out the new grads.  Unlike some places where they eat the young for dinner.  I really got lucky.. 

No comments: