Monday, June 18, 2012

Therapy

So I have been going to therapy for almost a month now.  I have been to therapy before back when I had my surgery.  What I wasn’t expecting this time was not advancing like I did after my surgery.  It’s sad to say that I almost wished I needed surgery.  I was healing much faster then than I am now.  I am almost at a stand still.  You would think that nerve damage would be harder to come back from than muscle damage.  But apparently that’s not true.  I have had the epidural block and yes it did help the numbness.  But it hasn’t help the muscle spasms in the (R) shoulder.  I went back to my original doctor and he switched my muscle relaxer and extended my physical therapy.  Since my neurosurgeon wouldn’t listen to me.  However…
My neurosurgeon finally sent me to a neurologist that specializes in trigger therapy.  I had 5 shots of xylocaine shot into my should in trigger areas.  Burned like the devil but I guess if you hurt bad enough you will try anything to get better. It took a few days but I could tell the difference some.  I have noticed that some of the pain is coming back.  I am hoping that it subsides before it consumes me again.  Because the therapist still thinks that I will have to switch what I do for a living.  Which really depresses me.  I was home for a little over a month, used all my sick time, all my vacation time and now what?  It’s not like I have money or time shooting out my butt to change my way of life.  Plus we decided to move forward on getting the house.  Why?  Because this tin can is falling apart and if we wait much more we will have to sink more money into this sinking ship of a home.  UGH!!  Frustrating.

2 comments:

RedRaven said...

Do they want you to switch your line of work period or the department you work in? Either way that would suck and I hope you won't have to.

Unknown said...

That's not good! I hope that you find something that works for you- maybe it will help with my R shoulder spasms! And it would be a shame to loose a good nurse!