Monday, June 1, 2009

I’m a Nurse NOT a Doctor

Okay about the cut on his head…does he go to the ER and get stitches? Nope why because he is stubborn and stupid. He has a 4 inch x 1/2 inch deep laceration on his head that is bleeding profusely. So since he won’t go I get to doctor him up…I clean it and i put some antibiotic ointment on it…and steri-strip it…the best i could. Hoping that it would close up. Corse I had to apply pressure in order to get the blood to stop long enough to get them applied. Which took two times. I had to redress it in the AM cause they didn’t stay well..but at least the bleeding stopped and he was still breathing and didn’t die of a concussion. Course who could sleep..not me I was checking to see if he was breathing ever so many hours.

So I told him not to take the steri strips off and not to get them wet…what does he do when he gets to work? Takes the off and applies liquid band aid…grrrr..what the hell? Can you not understand English? Fine get infected and have a great scar… it’s your body…I forgot you were one level above me on medical intelligence…a redneck doctor…moron

No comments: