Saturday, October 29, 2011

THE SLOB…RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!

the-slob-icon-1
I just don’t understand why my oldest can’t get through her head that her nasty dirty underwear don’t belong in the floor, bed needs to be made and half eaten food doesn’t belong shoved and hidden in her room.  It’s amazing that I left her father when she was 4 yrs. old and yet she does a lot of things he did.  Which drives me insane.  I left my ex for his hoardness and sloppy ways.  So tell me people when it’s your kid what the heck do you do?  You can’t run away from them or leave them.  No matter how much she gets grounded, spanked, goals set to improve, or just yelled at nothing works.  Positive or Negative she still is the nasty child that I love.  She answers the phone and tell important people that we can’t talk right now because we are napping.  Even though we have told her that all important calls need to be given to us.  At least this year her grades have improved. I have to always be on her about feeding her bird or dog.  Not to mention practice your instrument and do your homework.  This has been years of frustration and now she is 14yrs old.  Shouldn’t she know better by now?  I am constantly told by people I am mean because she is always grounded.  What am I suppose to do?  Let her do whatever she wants like her sperm donor’s moms did?  Now he is a burden to the world.  I don’t want her to be supported by the tax payers because she can’t keep a job.  It’s going to be worse for her because it will be hard for her to find a man that wants to marry a slob.  It’s so frustrating.  So please any advice?  Things to try?  Like I said we have tired lists and poster boards to remind her.  We have tried consequences and groundings.  Nothing works!!! GRRRR

4 comments:

JA-RN said...

by the time mine was a teenager, I came the the realization that I had to pick my battles. His room was not one of them-as long as there was no food in there, I just shut the door. If he wanted to dress off the floor (because that's where his clothes were!), that was his decision. And you know what? When he eventually had his own place, he turned into Mister-Neatnik!

Lisa said...

I agree with JA-RN. It's best to close the door and pretend that the room isn't part of the house. Fight your battles over feeding the animals and curfew. What always amazed me was that my kids had no shame at having their friends to see the mess they chose to live in. I think it's just part of being a teen. They are all grown now and are clean enough. They don't even have random water bottles rolling around the floor of their cars.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to agree with JA-RN and emmy. Kids don't give a rat's behind about what their room looks like and you can argue with them about it until you're blue in the face. They don't care. My kid is a pig, too. At least when she can't find something in her messy room and comes to whine about it, I can tell her I told ya so. lol

Unknown said...

Thanks guys for all the feedback. Maybe I can just shut the door until she finally grow's up or get's out. But I can't ignore the bathroom. My guest have to use it.